- 1 cup (233 grams) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 ounces (227 grams) shredded mozzarella cheese (about 2 cups)
- 12 ounces (340 grams) shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- Extra basil leaves
- 1 baguette, sliced
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
- Stir sour cream, mustard powder and thyme in a large bowl then add mozzarella, Monterey Jack and the cup of chopped basil leaves. Stir then add to a small baking dish or pie dish.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese has melted and is bubbling.
- While the dip is in the oven, add bread slices, in one layer, to a baking sheet. Slide into the oven and bake 6 to 8 minutes until toasted.
- After baking the cheese dip, turn oven to broil and broil the cheese dip 2 to 4 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Serve warm with tomato and extra basil leaves scattered on top and alongside toasted bread slices.